Caramelized Sweet Onion Tart
- 4 Large RealSweet® onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1½ c. Heavy cream
- 4 Eggs
- ½ tsp. Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 (9 in.) Pie shell
- Sauté onions in oil and butter until caramelized and golden brown (be sure that the onions have lost most of their moisture). Then, add thyme and a pinch of salt.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine heavy cream, eggs, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs before you add the onions to make the mixture a bit airy.
- Add the onions and combine. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake in a preheated 350º F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until center does not jiggle.