Broccoli Salad with Vidalia Onions
The classic broccoli salad gets a sweet twist with RealSweet Vidalia onions! Perfect to make ahead for a potluck, family cookout or picnic. This classic summer salad is sure to be a hit!
- 1 large head of broccoli, large chopped
- 1 medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, diced
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mayonnaise and sugar to create dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
For information on safely handling and preparing bacon, check out these tips from the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service.