Green Salad with Vidalia® Onions, Grape Tomatoes & Green Beans
This simple green salad is full of crisp textures from Vidalia onions, grape tomatoes, and green beans. Plus the zesty dressing adds an amazing flavor that you can't resist.
- 1 package Romain or garden salad mix
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz thin yellow or green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced or chopped
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from one medium-sized lime)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
- Quickly drain and cool under cold water. Pat dry.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in basil, beans, tomatoes, and Vidalia onions and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add torn leaf lettuce and toss to coat.