Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad with Vidalia Onions
Vidalia onions are the star of this Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad, making it shine with flavor and antioxidants!
- 8 oz. Uncooked pasta (we recommend rotini, penne, or farfalle)
- 1 Medium RealSweet® Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 c. Fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 c. Mushrooms, washed, dried & chopped
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cover a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper or use a non-stick pan and lay the onion pieces and mushrooms on the pan.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside until they’ve cooled.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once cooked, drain and toss with olive oil and set aside. In a large frying pan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and add the onions and mushrooms.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add spinach and olives, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir and season as needed. Serve warm or cool.