- On a plate, combine flour, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Add Vidalia onion to skillet and sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted; spoon sauce over chicken.
Visit the USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service website for tips on how to safely handle and cook chicken.
If you like this recipe, try our Creamy Chicken Pockets with Sweet Onions!