Creamy Chicken Pockets with Vidalia Onions
Creamy chicken pockets are simple to make and absolutely delicious served as an appetizer or side dish!
- 1 cup of chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp of garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tbsp of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 Tbsp of chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake chicken for 20 minutes if boneless, 45 minutes if bone-in.
- Remove chicken from oven and shred or dice as desired.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and sauté diced onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Add chicken and rosemary. Stir in chicken broth.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken broth is reduced.
- Stir in cream cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and lay our crescent roll dough in sections on the sheet.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto the wide end of a crescent roll triangle, bundle the ends of the dough together and roll up.
- Pinch any open seams shut.
- Arrange the pockets on the cookie sheet and bake according to crescent roll directions, approximately 15 minutes or until the rolls are nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.