Taco Tuesday has become a true culinary phenomenon, so if #TacoTuesday is your favorite day of the week then we’ve got some ideas to keep your festive meals new and exciting. Let’s face it; tacos are perfect for busy nights when you don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping in the kitchen. These recipes will keep you out of the rut of the mundane and add more flavors to your family’s dinner table.
- 15-Minute Chicken Tacos with Sweet Onion Pineapple Relish from Sweet Savant are quick and easy while introducing a unique combination of sweetness. Bonus – they are ready in just 15 minutes!
- Now let’s add some fun to Taco Tuesday! How about an outdoor picnic and have those delicious taco flavors without the messiness that often follows. These Walking Tacos from Neighborhood Food is a fun idea for kids of all ages!
- Some may avoid Taco Tuesday because of the carbs associated with tortillas and taco shells. This innovative recipe – Crock Pot Carnitas Lettuce Wraps from Fake Ginger – replaces the carbs by using lettuce wraps and it’s quick and easy thanks to the slow cooker, what could be better?
- Taco Tuesday doesn’t just have to be for tacos. We’ve got a delicious RealSweet® Shrimp Quesadilla that will bring a punch of flavor. Serve them up with our Not Your Mama’s Mango Salsa for added freshness and color.
- We love a good sheet pan dinner – easy to make and especially easy to clean up. Try One Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas from Number 2 Pencil for those nights you just don’t want to slave over the kitchen sink + by adding the ever-versatile Vidalia onion the flavor will be amplified. If shrimp isn’t your thing, substitute chicken or fish.
- Our friends at Produce for Kids have a ton of healthy, registered-dietitian approved recipes that are a hit with their families each week. Try these Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos or Roasted Vegetarian Taco Zucchini Boats on your next Taco Tuesday.
- We like to find those out-of-the-box gems that are sure to become recipes you don’t know how you ever lived without and this one happens to be a meatless option. Experiment with these Caramelized Pineapple Quesadillas with Spicy Strawberry Salsa from How Sweet Eats and let us know what you think.
- If you are looking to carry those Taco Tuesday flavors throughout the week, try this prep-ahead twist on Mexican flavors. Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls from Sweet Peas and Saffron pack a ton of veggies and you can easily substitute our sweet onions into this colorful dish.
- We love chili and cook it any time of year. RealSweet® Taco Soup and Mexican Chili in a Tostada Bowl both combine the depth of chili flavor with a Mexican twist you will try again and again.
- Let’s wrap us these new recipe ideas with a Roasted Veggie, Black Bean and Quinoa Burrito from Veganosity. This healthy vegan burrito is packed with veggie flavor, including our favorite – sweet onions!
We hope you enjoy these fun new ideas for Taco Tuesday or other nights your family craves those classic Mexican flavors. We invite you to visit our Hispanic Flavors pinboard for more ideas.