So many times we get into the rut of taking the same side dishes to those family potlucks and covered dish meals. We’ve got some easy, fun new recipes to add a new layer of flavor to the mundane. Try one of these out for your next event.
- Francine’s Broccoli Salad with RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions is sure to be a true crowd pleaser. The great thing about this recipe is it can be made the day before and doesn’t even require any cooking. What more could you want from a potluck side?
- Dirty rice is a great side dish for any main meat feature, but so many dirty rice recipes take hours to complete and are so tedious. However, Chef & The Fat Man’s Dirty Rice is easy to make and can be ready is less than an hour. It’s packed with veggies and tons of flavor.
- Family favorites are a must for potlucks and covered dish meals. It’s always great when there is a story behind a dish and our RealSweet® Potato Salad is no exception. This recipe is one that our President, John Shuman and his siblings grew up eating, as it was prepared with love by their mother.
- Any covered dish meal is elevated even more by adding Mexican flavors and this Mexican Polenta Pie is sure to please the crowd and can easily be modified to a vegetarian dish.
- Veggie noodles have become quite the food craze, and why not. They are packed with all of the great nutrients we love in veggies without the carbs. This French Onion Zoodle Bake is full of cheesy goodness and, of course, RealSweet® sweet onions!
- Looking for another cold dish for those summer picnics or outdoor gatherings? We love Caprese Salad with RealSweet® Onions,it’s light, fresh and packed with delicious veggies.
- Ok, this last one may not necessarily be a side dish, in fact, it may become the star of the show, but we just couldn’t resist the combination of sweet onions and bacon in a Caramelized Onion and Bacon Tart. Yum!
For even more great ideas, check out our Show Stopping Sides pin board.