Shrimp Quesadilla with Vidalia Onions
Change things up a bit from the classic chicken quesadilla with this recipe. Serve with Not Your Mama’s Mango Salsa for added freshness.
- 10 slices of bacon
- 10 oz of baby shrimp, cooked
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 1 large RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- 16 oz of gruyere cheese, shredded
- mexican crema for topping
- Cook bacon until soft and not crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Then in bacon grease, cook onion, pepper and jalapeno until onions are translucent. Stir in chopped shrimp.
- Place tortilla in clean warm pan. Add ¼ of mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Place second tortilla on top. Let warm through.
- Take out of pan and cut into 4 triangles. Serve with Mexican crema.
For more info on how to select and safely serve fresh and frozen seafood, check out these tips from the FDA.