- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth and water to a boil. Add grits and salt, cook per box instructions.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a large skillet. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and spinach, cook until spinach starts to wilt. Remove mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Once grits are cooked, add gouda cheese, stir. Cover the saucepan to let cheese soften if needed.
- Season shrimp with cajun seasoning. Add olive oil and shrimp to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Stir grits until the cheese is completely mixed in. Add lemon juice, stir.
- To serve, layer grits, onion and spinach mixture, then top with shrimp. Add fresh cracked pepper if desired.
For more info on how to select and safely serve fresh and frozen seafood, check out these tips from the FDA.