4 scallops cleaned, connectors removed, and dry
4 oz. wild arugula
4 grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 RealSweet Vidalia onion, caramelized
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
2 oz. blanched green beans, cut in half
2 oz. shredded carrots
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
5 cloves of garlic
4 sprigs of thyme
1 oz. balsamic reduction
1/2 cup sherry vinegar
1 1/2 cups + 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To start, caramelize one RealSweet Vidalia onion according to the instructions in this caramelized sweet onions recipe. Or, you can caramelize your onion ahead of time using an Instant Pot or slow cooker.
2. Heat sauté pan until it smokes. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, scallops, and season with salt and pepper. Brown scallops on each side and remove from pan.
3. To make vinaigrette, add caramelized onions, garlic cloves, thyme, dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, salt, pepper, and 1.5 cups of olive oil to blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
4. In a salad bowl, add arugula, green beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and carrots. Toss with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, add scallops in 4 corners of a shallow plate, build salad in center, and drizzle the balsamic reduction glaze over the scallops.