- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with olive oil spray.
- Add onion, saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sausage, cook until browned.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir well.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the sausage and cheese mixture into the halved jalapeños.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around the stuffed jalapeños (if desired). Use toothpicks if necessary to hold it on.
- Bake for 20-30 until bacon is crispy and cheese mixture is nice and hot.
*WARNING! Handling jalapeños safely is very important. To avoid having the oils on your hands, consider using gloves and a spoon to clean out the insides of the peppers.