- Heat butter in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stir well. Add stock, stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and bouillon cubes.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in milk. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Top with diced greens from baby sweet onions before serving.
Note: This recipe freezes well. Make an extra batch to freeze for later use in your favorite casserole, or freeze individual portions to enjoy on a rainy day. :)
If you like this recipe, try our Lasagna Roll-ups with Sweet Onions!