Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad with Vidalia Onions
Grilled chicken, RealSweet Vidalia onions, and seasonal veggies all come together for this delicious recipe. It's the perfect dish for lunch or dinner! Recipe and photography by Jodi Danen of Create Kids Club.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (6 oz) Romaine salad
- 1 medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced
- 10 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup cucumbers, sliced
- ranch salad dressing, amount as desired
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, turning once.
- Cool chicken enough to handle then slice into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss with ranch dressing, amount as desired.
Visit the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service website for tips on how to safely handle and prepare both chicken and bacon.