This recipe is perfect for leisurely weekend mornings or those the family wants to make extra special. Birthday frittata and parfait, anyone? Recipe and photo courtesy of Produce for Kids.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ c. RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. Garlic, minced
- 3 Large egg whites
- 1 Large egg
- 1 c. 1% Milk
- ½ tsp. Garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 c. Broccoli florets
- 1 c. Cauliflower florets, chopped
- ½ c. Whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ c. Lowfat shredded Cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, garlic salt and pepper in large mixing bowl. Stir in broccoli/cauliflower, breadcrumbs, ½ cup cheese and cooked onion/garlic mixture.
- Pour mixture into 9x5-inch baking dish. Top with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 65 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast