Thai Peanut Chicken, Vidalia® Onion and Zucchini Skewers
Published on May 2, 2015 | By Shuman Produce |
- 1 lb. Chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1½” pieces
- 2 Large RealSweet® Vidalia® onions, quartered
- 2 Large zucchini squash, sliced into ½” pieces
- 12 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 ½ c. Coconut milk
- 1 c. Peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. Thai fish sauce
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 Tbs. Fresh mint leaves
- 4 Tbs. Fresh lime juice (or the juice of 5 limes)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 4 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- Make the Thai peanut sauce by combining coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce, garlic, hot sauce, mint leaves, lime juice, lime zest and rice vinegar and simmering for 10 minutes on the stove.
- Once the sauce has cooled, marinate the chicken pieces in 1 cup of sauce for 20 minutes.
- Next, quarter the Vidalia onions and slice the zucchini.
- Skewer the chicken, Vidalia onion (about three layers thick of onion) and zucchini alternating ingredients on the skewer.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees, about medium heat.
- Grill the skewers for 7 minutes or until an internal read thermometer registers 170 degrees for the chicken.
- Serve the skewers with rice and additional Thai Peanut sauce for dipping.
- The Thai Peanut sauce is great for flavoring the rice and is quite addictive.