Created by Food Network Chopped winner Chef Shannen Tune from craftburgerfoodtruck.com, these delicious sweet onion rings are easy to make, light, and delicious – perfect for any party!
Chef Tune’s Sweet Onion Rings
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 large RealSweet onions, cut in large rings
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 T granulated onion powder
- 1 T granulated garlic powder
- 12 oz. craft seasonal beer, chilled
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kosher salt
- To prepare the batter, add the granulated onion salt and garlic powder to the flour. Then, add the beer and stir until batter reaches the consistency of pancake batter.
- To fry, heat oil to 350 degrees. Dip onion rings into batter and then slowly add rings into fryer. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove fryer and allow to drain excess oil paper towels. Season with salt and serve with a spicy ranch dressing.