This gorgeous side dish is made from our tasty and nutritious creamer potatoes tossed with spring vegetables.
Spring Creamer Potato Medley with Vidalia® Onions
Published on April 22, 2016 | By Shuman Produce |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1- 1 lb package of Savory Herb Microwave Ready Creamer potatoes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter, divided
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15-20 small brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half (if you can’t find small, cut them into quarters)
- 1/2 of a large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 RealSweet® Vidalia® onion peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- Cook Creamer potatoes according to package directions.
- While Creamer potatoes are cooking, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in olive oil and 1 Tbs butter.
- Once butter begins to bubble, add in the RealSweet® Vidalia® onion and peppers. Toss to coat and cook 1 minute.
- Add in remaining vegetables and garlic and saute, tossing frequently for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet.
- Let vegetables cook for 4 minutes; until brussel sprouts are tender crisp.
- Carefully open the Creamer potatoes and place them in the skillet, along with the provided seasoning packet and remaining 1 Tbs butter. Toss to coat and serve.
- Ready in : 15 Minutes