This simple twist on an old Southern classic is sure to please. Top with Francine’s Sweet Onion Jam for an extra dimension of flavor.
RealSweet® Sweet Onion Patty
Published on October 18, 2016 | By Shuman Produce |
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped RealSweet® sweet onions
- 3/4 cup milk
- Peanut oil for frying
- Sour cream for dipping
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add milk and stir until batter thickens.
- Add onions and mix thoroughly.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop batter by tablespoons in hot oil and flatten slightly. Brown on both sides until nice and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.
- Ready in : 5 Minutes