The fresh flair to this cool weather classic is sure to pair well with your favorite warm soup.
Honey Roasted Sweet Onion and Pear Grilled Cheese
Published on October 18, 2016 | By Shuman Produce |
- Prep Time
- 1 large RealSweet sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 ounces chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 8 slices a hearty good quality bread
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring often, until brown and caramelized.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread softened butter on one side of a slice of bread, place butter side down. Top with shredded cheese, then onions, and then layer with pear slices. Drizzle with a touch of honey. On a second piece of bread, spread butter on one side and chevre on the other side. Place chevre side on top of the pears, butter side up.
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat. When hot, place sandwich in pan and cook until cheese starts to melt and outside of bread is golden. Flip and repeat.
- Cut sandwich in half.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 5 Minutes