This combination of sweet caramelized onions, savory goat cheese and peppery arugula, all topped with a sweet balsamic glaze, will have your taste buds dancing. Caramelize your onions ahead of time to quickly assemble and make this flatbread in under 15 minutes.
Caramelized Vidalia® Onion, Goat Cheese and Arugula Flatbread Pizza
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. chicken, beef or veggie stock
- 1 pre-made thin crust flatbread
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, 30-40 minutes. Once onions begin to soften and brown, sprinkle with salt and stir in stock. Cook additional 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lay flatbread on baking sheet. Brush with 1 tsp. olive oil and top with caramelized onions and goat cheese. Bake 8-12 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is crisp. Remove from oven.
- Toss arugula with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Top flatbread with arugula and drizzle with balsamic glaze.