This fall season delight will add dimension and flavor to tailgating, grilling and family outings during holidays.
Fall for Fall Pumpkin Salsa
Published on October 18, 2016 | By Shuman Produce |
- Prep Time
- 2 sugar pumpkins, chopped and blanched
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, small diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium RealSweet sweet onion, diced
- 1 ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Blanch chopped pumpkin in boiling water for 3 min. Remove from water. When cooled, place on paper towel for 2 min to get excess water out. Salt slightly.
- Combine all ingredients, drizzle with the olive oil and salt to taste. Cover and let sit out in room temperature for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips or refrigerate until ready to use.