Keep extra patties on hand for quick meals during the week. The patties can be paired with low sodium black beans and rice or used to top a salad to make mealtime a cinch. Recipe and photo courtesy of Produce for Kids.
Chicken Patties & Veggie Spears
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, chopped
- 1 c. bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- ¼ lb. Ground chicken breast
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- ¼ c. Parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 c. Brown rice, cooked
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Carrot, peeled, cut length-wise into 4 pieces
- ½ Cucumber, peeled, cut length-wise into 4 pieces
- ½ c. Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Line baking sheet with foil and spread with olive oil.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and peppers, and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Mix chicken, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, rice and egg in large bowl. Form 8 patties and lay on baking sheet.
- Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to touch.
- Top patties with onions and peppers.
- Serve with carrot, cucumber and tomato spears.