Chef & The Fat Man’s Dirty Rice
Published on May 2, 2015 | By Shuman Produce |
- 1½ c. Long-grain rice (Carolina, Basmati, Jasmine), well rinsed
- 3¼ c. Chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. Garlic, minced
- ½ lb. Lean ground beef
- ½ lb. Ground pork sausage or ground Andouille sausage
- ½ Medium RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- ½ c. Green bell pepper
- ½ c. Red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbs. Crystal hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- ⅓ c. Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a medium pan, cook the lean beef (leave the oil) add and cook the andouille or pork sausage remove both meats and keep combined oils in pan. In the meat oil, saute onions and peppers on medium-high heat until the onions are translucent (about 7 minutes) and set aside.
- Drain most of the oils, then add a ¼ cup of chicken broth and boil up the fond and pour it into a rice cooker.
- Then, to the rice cooker add 3 cups chicken broth, rice, ground beef, ground sausage, onions, peppers, parsley, cajun seasoning, Crystal hot sauce and garlic. Stir well and set to cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the dirty rice and stir well. place into a bowl and add chopped green onions.
- Use green bell peppers if you want a relatively mild result. If you are looking for something spicier, use jalapeño chili peppers.