This Low Country Shrimp Boil is perfect for large outdoor gatherings! Sweet onions, corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp come together for an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Big John’s Low Country Shrimp Boil
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 3 ½ Gallon Water
- ½ Cup Salt
- 1 ½ Tbs Old Bay Crab Boil
- ¼ Cup Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbs Hot Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup White Vinegar
- 1 Lemons quartered
- 3 lbs Country-Style smoked sausage
- 2 lbs RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- 4 lbs New Red Potatoes, washed
- 8-9 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn, halved
- 5 lbs Large Shell-On Shrimp (21-30ct), rinsed
- 4-5 lbs of Ice
- In 5-gal stockpot with basket, combine first eight ingredients and bring to a rapid boil.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage links into 2-3” pieces and roast in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring twice; this is optional, but rendera much of the fat out and adds a richer flavor.
- Add sausage and onions to water and bring back to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add red potatoes and corn, and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and remove from heat after 3 minutes (not necessarily waiting for a boil). Immediately add Ice.
- Stir and allow to soak for 10-15 minutes (the longer the soak time, the spicer the flavor).
- Servings : 2
- Ready in : 105 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Dinner