These quick and easy Baked Spanish Turkey Empanadas from Opera Singer in the Kitchen will be a hit with the whole family! Filled with RealSweet® onions, ground turkey, olives and spices, they’re great for a fun dinner, lunch or snack.
Baked Spanish Turkey Empanadas
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 20 empanadas
- 1 lb. 93% ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages Goya frozen dough discs, thawed
- 2 RealSweet® Vidalia® onions, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces jarred pimientos, drained and diced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup raisins
- 5 ounces small black olives, sliced in half
- 1 egg, whipped for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375F. Remove the dough discs from the fridge 30 minutes before beginning.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil and the onions. Cook them for 7 minutes until caramelized. Remove from heat and spray pan with olive oil. Add the turkey meat, garlic, and spices and cook for 7-10 minutes. Add the raisins and mix well. Remove from heat.
- The dough discs are divided with plastic sheets, and should be removed one by one. Add about 2 tbsp of the meat filling in the center of the dough disc and three black olive halves and then bring both edges of dough together to seal. Fold the edges over, pinching to seal.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and place on a greased baking sheet. Using a silicone brush, brush the tops of the empanadas with egg wash. Spray the empanadas with olive oil spray.
- Cook empanadas for 25 minutes and serve with a cabbage slaw or green salad.