It’s officially summertime! Gather up your friends, family, and dog for a fun day in the sun, but don’t forget your picnic basket! Whether you’re at the beach, or in your backyard, we’ve got you covered with the most delicious and refreshing picnic-style recipes. Check out all of our RealSweet® Picnic Recipe Roundup meals below! Be sure to mention us in your own Picnic photos featuring RealSweet® Vidalia® onions on our Instagram and Facebook!
1. All-American Vidalia® Onion Dip: Cool off with this refreshingly sweet and savory Vidalia® Onion Dip. Serve with baked pita chips or crunchy carrots for a delicious and cool snack. Chill completely for one hour prior to serving for best taste
2. NatureSweet® Cherubs® Caprese Salad with Vidalia® Onions: Simple yet delicious, this Caprese salad featuring our famous RealSweet® Vidalia® onions is the perfect side dish for your outdoor family picnic
3. Viva La RealSweet® Salsa: Sweet with a spicy kick! Viva La RealSweet® Salsa is sure to be an all-around favorite. Juicy jalapeños, fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes and one medium RealSweet® Sweet Onion make this homemade salsa a fiesta in the park
4. Cold Cucumber Salad: The perfect combination of sweet and savory comes together with this iconic southern recipe straight from the kitchen of singer/songwriter and chef, Trisha Yearwood.
5. RealSweet® Sausage Cheese Balls: Bite-sized and full of flavor, these Sausage Cheese Balls featuring RealSweet® Vidalia® onions and sharp cheddar cheese are the perfect treat for any summer picnic or packable lunch. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, or even try dipped in our All-American Vidalia® Onion Dip!