National Onion Ring Day is June 22, and what better onion to use than the real sweet (pun intended) Vidalia® onion!
From the crunchy to savory to gluten free, these seven recipes are a great way to celebrate this food holiday, or any occasion calling for onion rings!
- For a healthy twist on the classic onion rings, make our very own RealSweet® Baked Onion Rings.
- Coconut lovers, rejoice! Crispy Baked Coconut Onion Rings are reminiscent of coconut shrimp, with the sweet tropical flavor of toasted coconut.
- Gluten free? Have no fear. Safely make Quinoa-Crusted Onion Rings with naturally gluten free ingredients (just don’t forget to check those labels).
- For a stick-to-your ribs filling snack or side, make a batch of Guacamole Stuffed Onion Rings, and definitely plan on sharing!
- For extra crunch, try Healthy Crunchy Onion Rings. Thanks to a blend of panko breadcrumbs and cornmeal, the snap in each bite is so satisfying that you won’t notice they’re secretly heathier than fried counterparts.
- Gooey, crunchy and deliciously dippable, Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings are an indulgent treat.
- Ok, so they aren’t technically onion rings, but a Steakhouse-Style Bloomin’ Vidalia Onion is great for a crowd, whether it’s a laid back party or an army of hungry family members.
Get even more onion ring recipes on our Onion Rings! pinboard.