Skip the long wait lines and hassle this Valentine’s Day for a romantic, home-cooked meal. Create a five-course dinner for two and watch your sweetheart “ooh” and “ahh” over how much effort and thought you put into the night. Not sure where to start? Here are menu options to ensure you enjoy your date night in.
- Three-Cheese Fondue: Decadence and comfort pair perfectly to create a creamy, cheesy appetizer to enjoy with your favorite fondue staples. This fondue calls for RealSweet® sweet onions for a fuller, more robust flavor.
- Sausage Cheese Balls: For a quick and easy appetizer, look no further! Sausage Cheese Balls are a great comfort food with a fun and different presentation than ordinary bread.
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: Portabello mushrooms, cheese and sweet onions are a very happy trio that’s a great way to kick off the night.
- Classic Sweet Onion Soup: Sweet (onions) and salty get along famously in this classic dish that won’t fill you up before the main course.
- Potato & Sweet Onion Soup: Bacon, ham, potatoes and sweet onions come together to form this soul-warming potato soup that is perfect for dinners on chilly winter evenings.
- Garden Vegetable & Pasta Salad: Lots of crunchy vegetables with sweet onions to bring this zesty pasta recipe together perfectly all while adding lots of color to your plate!
- Classic Spinach and Onion Salad: This light salad will clear the palate right before the main course.
- Grilled Onion & Peach Salad: The secret to this salad is adding big juicy sweet onions that perfectly complement the peaches. If you haven’t ever tried this, you’re definitely missing out!
- Garden Shrimp Scampi: Italian dishes are the perfect savory focus of the meal, and this seafood dish makes it look like you fussed but is a snap to prepare.
- Onion Roll-ups a Lasagna: Lasagna is delicious no matter how you prepare it! These roll-ups are designed for less mess and no awkward dinner moments.
- Teriyaki Steak and Vegetables: Enjoy this hearty, Asian-style dinner choc full of veggies with a sweet onion crunch that bring taste and nutrition together for the night.
- Cherry Hand Pies: Heart-shaped just for Valentine’s Day! These darling desserts are the best way to show your sweetheart just how much you love them.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies: Red velvet paired with cheesecake and made into a brownie? This dish is surprising and out of the box and is sure to wow your date.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: End the meal on the wonderful note with this classic and absolutely delicious dessert!
For more Valentine’s Day inspiration, browse our Valentine’s Day pinboard.
Happy Valentine’s Day!