A great year-round salad with an extra notch of flavor.
NatureSweet® Cherubs® Firecracker Salad with Vidalia® Onions
- Prep Time
- 1 pkg torn leaf lettuce
- 1 cup NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes
- 8 oz thin yellow or green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced or chopped
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from one medium-sized lime)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
- Quickly drain and cool under cold water. Pat dry.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in basil, beans, NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes and RealSweet® Vidalia® onions and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add torn leaf lettuce and toss to coat.
- Ready in : 15 Minutes