The fresh flair to this cool weather classic is sure to pair well with your favorite warm soup.
Honey Roasted Sweet Onion and Pear Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time
- 1 large RealSweet sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 ounces chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 8 slices a hearty good quality bread
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring often, until brown and caramelized.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread softened butter on one side of a slice of bread, place butter side down. Top with shredded cheese, then onions, and then layer with pear slices. Drizzle with a touch of honey. On a second piece of bread, spread butter on one side and chevre on the other side. Place chevre side on top of the pears, butter side up.
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat. When hot, place sandwich in pan and cook until cheese starts to melt and outside of bread is golden. Flip and repeat.
- Cut sandwich in half.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 5 Minutes