Grilled Vidalia® Onion, Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 2 Medium RealSweet® Vidalia® sweet onions
- 2 Avocados, sliced in half
- 1 Lime
- 2 Medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Slice Vidalia onions in thick rings, leaving the rings intact for grilling.
- Heat the grill to medium heat – about 350° F.
- Oil the grill grates so that the onions and pepper will not stick. Grill the onions on both sides until char marks have formed (about 4 minutes per side).
- Grill the Poblano pepper at the same time, about 8 minutes or until the outside skin has begun to blister.
- While the onions and poblano pepper cool, chop up the tomato in medium sized pieces.
- Cut the lime in half. Cut open the avocados and chop them into medium-sized pieces.
- Add the avocado to a large bowl and squeeze the lime over them (this prevents them browning). Add the tomatoes.
- Next, chop the onions and poblano pepper and add to the mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salad.
- Next, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Let chill before serving.